It's amazing the stories that precede many of the toys you know, love, and grew up with. These 7 things are pretty amazing- especially if you grew up in the 80's!
1. G.I. Joe- did you know the G.I. stands for Government Issued?
2. The Hungry Hippos were named Happy, Harry, Henry, and Homer
3. Mr. Potato Head was the first toy to have an ad on TV
4. Mr. Potato Head was actually a real potato! He also happens to be the official travel ambassador for the state of Rhode Island.
5. Play-Doh was originally a wallpaper cleaner
6. The Magic 8 ball holds a 20-sided die
7. Sea Monkeys are actually brine shrimp.
What do you think? Did you know any of these 7 things??