It's amazing the stories that precede many of the toys you know, love, and grew up with. These 7 things are pretty amazing- especially if you grew up in the 80's!
1. G.I. Joe- did you know the G.I. stands for Government Issued?
2. The Hungry Hippos were named Happy, Harry, Henry, and Homer
3. Mr. Potato Head was the first toy to have an ad on TV
4. Mr. Potato Head was actually a real potato! He also happens to be the official travel ambassador for the state of Rhode Island.
5. Play-Doh was originally a wallpaper cleaner
6. The Magic 8 ball holds a 20-sided die
7. Sea Monkeys are actually brine shrimp.
What do you think? Did you know any of these 7 things??
Toys have feelings too. When you buy a toy it's normal to be excited- toys love that you are excited too!
Here are 3 things to know about when opening a new toy.
1. Untwist all of the twisties
If you try to pull the toy right out of the package chances are you are hurting the toy. They don't just suspend themselves into place all by themselves. Make sure to turn the packaging around to untwist any ties that may be in place!
2. Say hello to your new toy
Your toy has probably been in the company of other toys for days now. When it leaves the store it is in a brand new territory. Make sure to say hello, introduce yourself, and make your toy feel at home. He, she or it will love you for it!
3. Introduce your new toy to your other toys
Imagine you have started at a new school. Would you want to be introduced to all the cool kids? Do your new toy a favor and share it with everyone you know!
Tell us. What is your toy opening experience?